"Warning: getimagesize" and "Warning: Division by zero" errors. - please help!

Gutspiller

I have users complaining that my site is giving the following error. (though I have not experienced them)

Warning: getimagesize(./swf/Matter Shift_march_10th_2010.swf ) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/games4w/public_html/games/system.class.php on line 430

Warning: Division by zero in /home/games4w/public_html/games/system.class.php on line 519

Warning: Division by zero in /home/games4w/public_html/games/system.class.php on line 520

I am hoping to find a solution to the problem. The actual page that these errors are coming from are http://www.gamesforwork.com/games/play-14719-Matter_Shift-Flash_Game

I am not very much of a programmer. These are the lines that are referred to in that error:

430            list($imagewidth, $imageheight, $itype, $iattr, $imime) = getimagesize($this->swfdir."/".$game['game_swf']);

519                    $imagewidth = $imagewidth / $div;

520                    $imageheight = $imageheight / $div;

Can anybody please help me find a solution to these errors? I am not a programmer, but I can insert code and ask my host to change server configurations if they need to be.

Thank you!

It would seam that $this->swfdir has a value of . and that would suggest the current folder your script its running from, so as sasa said, your trying to open a file that doesn't exist, (that the location you provided)

making the assumption the game is in the /home/games4w/public_html/games/swf folder try something like this this

430:

$this->swfdir = dirname(__FILE__)."/swf"; //set path to this fiels path + swf
$gameFile = $this->swfdir."/".$game['game_swf']; //build game file path
if(file_exists($gameFile )){ //check exists
    list($imagewidth, $imageheight, $itype, $iattr, $imime) = getimagesize($gameFile); //get height/width
}else{
    die("$gameFile: not found"); //error report
}

Hi  MadTechie,

Are you saying I should replace my entire line 430 with the exact code you posted?

One thing that has me a little concerned is that I am not getting the error myself, but users are reporting it, so I would have to publish the code, and then contact them to get them to test it.

If you can tell me what code to replace specifically though, I am certainly willing to try.

Should I post some more lines of code around line 430?

Thanks for the code snippet MadTechie!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.