Unable to connect to mysql database from php using apache on xp pro

JohnMike

Dear All,

I have read the posts on this site, instructions on php.net and mysql.com and Paul Dubois MySql and I have to declare myself stuck. I have installed php and apache on c: and have been using this for 2 years without issue.

I have installed mysql on f:drive to keep database data separate. When I try to connect I get HTTP500 Internal Server Error. I have updated the php.ini to allow the appropriate extensions. I have installed the mysql c connector. I can access the database from the htdocs therefore I am assuming that the server user/group can access the mysql files. Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Regards JohnMike

Hi All,

Some additional information - I have updated to php 5.3 which the documentation states should include the native driver mysqlnd and remove the need to install the extension, However when I run a connect it errors saying the mysqli cannot be found - which is true it can't. So how are you meant to invoke the mysqli commands??

Regards

Hi PFMaBiSmAd,

Yes indeed. It has just dawned on me that after upgrading to 5.3 I updated the new php.ini for the appropriate extensions but not extension_dir. so it could not find php_mysql_dll which I think is the missing link. I do now have a connection to the data base.

Thanks for the inspiration!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.