snmpget()

trp

Hi there,

I am trying to write a simple network management website that allows me to see what is on my network and interact with it, I am hoping to use the 'snmpget()' function to 'grab' all the devices in a subnet.

Here is the code I have so far:

$current_ip = "192.168.0.10";

$scan = snmpget($current_ip, "public", "system.SysContact.0");
	echo $scan;

I *think* that should work, it, however just breaks the page on which it sits  :(

Can anyone give me any insights as to what I may be doing wrong, or how I can use SNMP & PHP to discover devices on my network?

Many Thanks (in advance!)

TRP

Hi there,

I am trying to write a simple network management website that allows me to see what is on my network and interact with it, I am hoping to use the 'snmpget()' function to 'grab' all the devices in a subnet.

Here is the code I have so far:

$current_ip = "192.168.0.10";

$scan = snmpget($current_ip, "public", "system.SysContact.0");
	echo $scan;

I *think* that should work, it, however just breaks the page on which it sits  :(

Can anyone give me any insights as to what I may be doing wrong, or how I can use SNMP & PHP to discover devices on my network?

Many Thanks (in advance!)

TRP

Using windows?

I am looking for *any* SNMP object on the network, basically I want it to create a device list of clients / PC's on my network.. So I am unsure how to set such a number, especially when it looks as if it will be quite specific..?

OK, that at least means the page doesn't just "break" stupid oversight!

I still get no useful information back, it takes a few seconds to load the page (I assume while it does the snmpget operation) but does not echo anything back, I am trying different MIBS etc but if anyone can see an obvious hole in what I am doing / would be able to take a closer look with me, that would be great.

Thanks for your help so far :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Time to start this one up again, having had some time off I am now back on working on this.

Current code is as follows:

$current_ip = "192.168.1.1";
$scan = snmpget($current_ip, "public", "1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7");
echo $scan;

This is a valid IP on the network (it's a Linksys Wireless N router) and I have tried it with others.

The MIB is extracted from the following website - MRTG: http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-mibhelp.en.html

Descriptor: ifAdminStatus

Identifier: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7

ASN.1 Syntax: INTEGER

Enumeration: up 1, down 2, testing 3

There is simply no output from the function, what am I doing wrong here? I am pulling my hair out!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.