Looping issue (repeating last item of the array)

gijew

I'm writing a small template class. Easy - works. I decided to get tricky and add a modifier to the template variables. The whole thing is too much to get in to so I'll try and keep it small - hopefully someone can understand my ramblings ;)

Example tpl var

::content->linkset::

Example tpl var w/modifier

::content->linkset[5]::

Using the modifier I would get (x) amount of records from an array. That code all works too but before I continue I should add that once all of the template variables have been replaced it writes everything to a file for caching purposes.

The problem is when the template contains more than one modifier it repeats the last one over and over again in the final output (and yes, it repeats the last one in the array). Experience has taught me that the solution would be to reset the counter before it loops again but for whatever reason it's not working.

Here's some code to see if someone can spot the problem. I took out a few things but this should be the gist. Thanks in advance.

<?php
// read from tpl
$file	= $var['path'] . $var['themes'] . $tpl . '/' . $var['file_index'];
$tplr 		= fopen($file, 'r');
$template	= fread($tplr, filesize($file));
// special output
if (preg_match_all('/(::content->linkset\\[([0-9]*)\\]::)/', $template, $results)) {
// open file for writing
$tplw	= fopen($file, 'w');
// loop through results
for ($i = 0; $i < count($results); $i++) {
	$output = fwrite($tplw, preg_replace('/(::content->links_body\\[([0-9]*)\\]::)/', $this->content_linkset('body', $results[2][$i]), $template));
}
}
?>

If for whatever reason you want to see the entire code I'll post it. It's not horribly long (48 lines) but I know how frustrating it is to sift through all that crap when you're trying to help ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.