Stock Keeping

tobimichigan

Hello Code Gurus,

Please I am trying to write a web app that keeps track of incoming stocks for products.

Lets assume a product x.

In Mysql exits in the Product Table

s/n name quantity

1    x      6

Now, I want to add additional quanity of 5 to the exisiting product to make a total of 11.

<?php
include ("cn.php");
$select=mysql_query("select * from product);
$row=mysql_fetch_array($select);
$product=$row['product'];

?>

I seem to be stuc here, don't know how to increment/decrement the stored quantities in the product table. Please someone kindly help.

Hello Code Gurus,

Please I am trying to write a web app that keeps track of incoming stocks for products.

Lets assume a product x.

In Mysql exits in the Product Table

s/n name quantity

1    x      6

Now, I want to add additional quanity of 5 to the exisiting product to make a total of 11.

<?php
include ("cn.php");
$select=mysql_query("select * from product);
$row=mysql_fetch_array($select);
$product=$row['product'];

?>

I seem to be stuc here, don't know how to increment/decrement the stored quantities in the product table. Please someone kindly help.

that one is fairly easy to do just doa  select on the tabl as you were doing it before, do a fetch row and grab teh value you want to modify, then store the updated entry into the table again....

the plain stupid way which wastes 2 query's to do this  stuff you can however do it with one... but you need to know trough knowledge of  the scripting in mysql....

but you need to know trough knowledge of  the scripting in mysql....

This secret knowledge sangoku is referring to is the query:

UPDATE products SET quantity = quantity + 5 WHERE sn = 1

Depending on your sort of input there may be better methods

LoL

Not this one i was thinking if he needs to add a SQL cproc scrpit which would take the values and update them.... When the 5  is a variable XD

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.