Connecting to multiple databases.

clowes

Hello.

I am looking for some advice on the best way to achieve what I am looking for.

I have various websites. 2 or 3 utilize wordpress as a CMS, and use the ExecPHP plugin to execute my PHP content. The others do not use any CMS.

I want to setup a system such that a user can register on any ONE site, and that registration is valid for every site in my network.

My idea was a separate database for user information. I could then switch between each sites database and the 'users' database.

This is extremely complicated with wordpress however, as I cannot go through and change every wordpress query to include the database which it is querying.

Is the above viable? If not does anyone have a better suggestion to achieve the wanted results.

Thanks

Could you perhaps elaborate on that further.

There are in fact 10 websites. 3 are wordpress. I want to be able to have a database for the content of each site, and then a database of users which is utilized by all sites.

Thanks

Select one of those 10 websites which will become the base for authentication it's best to select the one with the easiest/best coding as you will have to make some adjustments so that all websites authenticate with the same database. Research how each application identifies a user as logged-in and make sure your modifications match this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.