www.premium-sites.net

woolyg

Hello all,

This is the first site I've put forward for critique, so some brutal honesty would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.premium-sites.net

I've built it using elements of the Scriptaculous framework, good old PHP and a smattering of AJAX for good measure. I'm interested in getting some initial gut feelings on the layout, content, clarity, etc. Whatever you feel worth putting forward would be great.

I'm branching out to try to get some serious contracts, so I obviously want my flagship site to be a good one:)

Thanks,

WoolyG

First thing I noticed is that it feels slightly too crammed to the top .. but that could be just my monitor (19" widscreen at 1440 x 900).

The top right great idea link causes a really neat animation. Everything looks really good. I like what you are doing on the site, too. Great idea. I don't know... there's nothing I can say that isn't appealing about this site. .... Ah.. one thing.. maybe the

"Preium Sites Link" on the bottom of the home page should be red. That's it  :P

Great Job!

Hi xcandiottix,

Thanks! I did notice that some browsers (IE7 mainly) placed the black line going across the top of the screen slightly higher than others, causing the wording up there to get crunched a bit. I'll look into that. Might move the 'Great Idea' part down a bit, too.

Thanks very much for your feedback!

Cheers

WoolyG

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.