Rounding Issue...

Wayniac

This issue I am having is it seems every time this calculation is made on whatever the value may be, its always off by either a positive several cents or a negative several cents. I tracked the reason down to it not rounding to the nearest 10. Thus resulting in a bunch of random decimals being calculated together instead of rounded and then calculated...

In this case, the end value should be 31.04, but instead its 31.43.

FYI: Variable v1 = 1 in this circumstance...

document.getElementById("txt_price2").value = v1 * 24.95 * 1.0795 + 9.50 - 5.00;

Really appreciate some way in getting this to round off properly...

In this case, the end value should be 31.04, but instead its 31.43.

FYI: Variable v1 = 1 in this circumstance...

document.getElementById("txt_price2").value = v1 * 24.95 * 1.0795 + 9.50 - 5.00;

Really appreciate some way in getting this to round off properly...

Apparently, it is rounding off properly, unless I read the equation wrong. According to my calculator, my result is 31.433525, essentially 31.43.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.