Simple form question

karimali831

$result = safe_query("SELECT * FROM ".PREFIX."cup_clan_members WHERE userID = '".$userID."' AND function = 'Leader'");		
	$clan = '<option value="0" selected="selected"> - '.$_language->module['choose_team'].' - </option>';		
	while($dm=mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
		$clan .= '<option value="'.$dm['clanID'].'">'.getclanname($dm['clanID']).'</option>';
                        $clanID = $dm['clanID'];
            }

<form method="get" action="clans&action=clanregister&cupID='.$dl['ID'].'"><select name="clanID">'.$clan.'</select><input type="submit" value="Go"></form>

Output: clans&action=clanregister&cupID=<ID>?clanID=<ID>

Needed output: clans&action=clanregister&cupID=<ID>&clanID=<ID>

I get correct outputs for both IDs also.

I tried:

<form method="get" action="clans&action=clanregister&cupID='.$dl['ID'].'&clanID='.$clanID.'"><select>'.$clan.'</select><input type="submit" value="Go"></form>

but it doesn't select correct clanID from dropdown.

anyone can help please?

It looks like you're trying to put a form value into the ACTION attribute of the <FORM> tag.  You don't need to do that.  Instead, use HIDDEN fields.

Not tested...

<input type="hidden" name="action" value="clanregister">
<input type="hidden" name="cupID" value="myValueHere">

Then remove the extra values you have in your ACTION attribute and only have the page name there.

Thanks but everytime I use <select name="clan"> it will end up like this: index.php?site=clans?clan=325

That's because it takes the first name/value pair it finds and attaches a ? to it after the page name.  All other name/value pairs after that will have &.  The ACTION attribute should only have the page name; remove any ? or & it has.  You never have to manually add in ? or &, the form will do it for you.  On any form tags, the NAME attribute should have a name only, and the VALUE attribute should have a single value only; no mixing and adding of multiple values with ? and &.

Not tested...

<form action="index.php">
  <select name="site">
      <option name="clanID" value="{$dm['clanID']}'">
  </select>
   <input type="hidden" name="cupID" value="{$dl['ID']}">
   <select type='hidden' name='action' value='clanregister'>
</form>

I'm assuming that you don't have multiple values for cupID for each form.  Basically, your loop would generate more <option></option>.

Something new..

$teamID = $dm['clanID'];
<form action="index.php"><select name="site">'.$clan.'</select>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="clanregister"><input type="hidden" name="cupID" value="'.$dl['ID'].'">
<input type="hidden" name="clanID" value="'.$teamID.'"><input type="submit" value="Go"></form>

$clan .= '<option name="clanID" value="clans">'.getclanname($dm['clanID']).'</option>';

Everything is ok except clanID is incorrect because option value is not $dm['clanID']

No one? is there something else I can use then? java links for dropdowns.. ? so I can type in my own custom URL without these annoying "?" getting on the way. :( :( more complicated now than simple.

Closest:

index.php?site=325&action=clanregister&cupID=24&clanID=325 <CORRECT ID>

<option value="'.$dm['clanID'].'">'.getclanname($dm['clanID']).'</option>

Or...

index.php?site=clans&action=clanregister&cupID=24&clanID=<INCORRECT ID> because option value is not $dm['clanID']

<option value="clans">'.getclanname($dm['clanID']).'</option>

understand better?

You where on the right track the correct is:

<form action="index.php">
<input type="hidden" name="site" value="clans">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="clanregister">
<input type="hidden" name="cupID" vlaue="<?php echo $dl['ID']; ?>">
<select name="clanID">
    <option><?php print $clan; ?></option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="Go">
</form>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.