for or while

hackalive

so I have code which gets all this db stuff, like a field called position

now I need some code which will then add the value of position to a variable $AL$position{$id}

while $AL is fixed $position needs to shift with the position so $AL1 is for position 1 and then an array {$id} with the id field filling that part

ideas much appreciated

From the forum's rules -

Users should not "bump" topics that are still on the first page of the forums. If you bump, you must provide additional information. If you resort to bumping, chances are your question needs to be re-thought and re-described

Why don't you reread your first post in the thread and ask yourself if anyone can tell what you want. Perhaps if you posted an example showing variables, values, and what the expected result should be.

while $AL is fixed $position needs to shift with the position so $AL1 is for position 1 and then an array {$id} with the id field filling that part

OK, given $position=1 and $id=99 you want to get/set $AL1[99] ?

and this should do the implodes, but its not working

$qry_AL = "SELECT max(position) FROM `articles` WHERE `uri`='$uri'"; 
$result_AL= $mysqli->query($qry_AL, MYSQLI_STORE_RESULT);
$AL = mysqli_fetch_array($result_AL);
$AL = $AL['0'];
for($i=0;$i<=$AL;$i++) {
	$AL = $AL.$i;
	$AL.$i = implode("", $AL);
}
return $AL1;

for($i=0;$i<=$AL;$i++) {
	$AL.$ii = implode("", $AL.$ii);
}

now replaces the previous equivelant, but it is still not working, it has something to do with that for part and its really annoying me.

Basically what should happen is that $i is the maximum position value and then will implode all $AL# into just $AL#

so if max position is 9 it should loop through doing the implode for $AL0, $AL1 etc upto and including $AL9, the $i should reflect the moving up value till $i=9

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.