radio button input, associative array

robincham

Using this sample array linking a product code (RP-151, RP-171, etc) with a corresponding price (90, 100, 150)

$fplan = array (

RP-151 => '90',

RP-171 => '100',

RP-172 => '150'

);

how do I set a radio button input value to both product code and price from the array? 

I want users to pick ONE product/price combo (hence, radio button, not checkboxes), then display on another page the selected product code and price separately, as in "You've chosen product X and the price is Y".

Thanx in advance for feedback.

Robincham

$fplan = array (
    'RP-151' => '90',
    'RP-171' => '100',
    'RP-172' => '150'
);

$keys = array_keys($fplan);
foreach ($keys as $key) {
   echo '<input type="radio" name="plan" value="', $key, '">';
}

if (isset($_POST['plan'])) {
    $plan = $_POST['plan'];
    if (isset($fplan[$plan])) {
        echo 'You\'ve chosen product ', $plan, ' and the price is ', $fplan[$plan];
    }
}

Ignace:

So, I set the array, then use

}

to setup each separate radio button, then use 

if (isset($_POST['plan'])) {

$plan = $_POST['plan'];

if (isset($fplan[$plan])) {

echo 'You\'ve chosen product ', $plan, ' and the price is ', $fplan[$plan];

}

}

to display chosen radio button input wherever necessary, correct?

Thanx in advance,

Robincham

Ignace:

OK, needed to parse your

}

to see it will list the radio buttons one-after-the-other from the foreach loop.  However, I must place each radio button in a div that contains an image of the product and a brief product description.  How may I display each radio button separately?

Robincham

$radio_button[$key] =  '<input type="radio" name="plan" value="', $key, '">';
}

$radio_button[product_id] where product_id is the id of the product you want to get the radio button for will have the radio button HTML.

Ignace, Ialsoagree:

Thanx for your help, but I cannot display the radio buttons from a foreach loop.  I need to display each separately with other information (a product image and product description) in individual div's.  Ideas welcome on how to take array input from the single button allowed in a list of radio button, then display array 'key/value' info individually.  Carrying input from page to page is already handled via sessions.

Robincham

Without more specific information on how your data is organized and being gathered, we can't give you a specific solution.

In general though, you need to start a loop when you have all the information you need accessible. If you're getting info from a mysql database, this might be using a while loop and doing $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result) or something similar.

Whatever the case, use my previous strategy to build each div 1 at a time, store them in an array, and when you need to echo them/write them to the browser, you have them ready to go.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.