PayPal Integration: Deleting items from a database after payment confirmation?:)

Transmission94

Hi there!

I am new to all of this, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it in this case, haha.

Basically, I am using PayPal for the shopping cart and payment functionality on a website I am making to sell goods. The products I am selling only come in very limited quantities, so I need to have products that have been payed for immediately removed from the database (mySQL).

However, as far as I can tell there is no way to get confirmation back from the PayPal website when an item has indeed been paid for. Thus, I have no way to know whether items should yet be removed from the database (I can't just set a product to be deleted when someone simply adds it to their cart, as it is not guaranteed that they will buy it.)

Does anyone know of any way round this? I do need the payments to all be made through paypal.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I know I have asked questions before and people have been more than happy to throw their 2c in, and that is fantastic!

Thanks in advance,

Transmission94

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.