CSS Pixels and Percentage and Resizing Browser

TeddyKiller

If a 17" Monitor can carry up to 1200px on its browser, would lets say.. a 12" monitor carry the same?

I overall question is, is the ammount of pixels on one size pc/laptop monitor.. the same on another size?

If not, then my site is just as good at 80% width. Problem with this is.. browser resizing. It crashes out all the css. How can I stop this? Thing is.. 900px width, looks good on my monitor/browser, but for others.. it may not.

I've seen some netbooks, and as the screen is small.. the page fits on perfectly, but doesn't have the grey sides (body color) Though this is the same for facebook.

I'm just wondering if theres a fix.. that I can allow my site to be 80% of the browser, yet upon resize.. doesn't smash everything together.

Cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.