PCRE expressions

fantomel

Hello guys, been a while since i posted around here. I`m trying to build a validation class and i was wondering what were the most often PCRE expressions that you use in your projects, and for what are they used?

I`m trying to make a validation class with some predefined PCRE expressions.

There is a whole spectrum of things that I might commonly validate on. Basic things like minimum/maximum lengths (of strings, of items in a collection, etc.), character restrictions (alphanumeric, etc.) to whether a specified value (e.g. an order under) satisfies our application-specific structure, any form of user input so things like telephone numbers, credit card numbers, URLs, email addresses, date and times, and so on.

Also I would bear in mind that regular expressions, while a useful tool, are not a catch-all solution. You'll probably want to use "basic" string/number/etc. functions and much more complex logic all alongside some regex, as part of the validation.

yeah i know that filter functions are awsome there is not way you can't love them and not start using them when you have everything you need right there :D.

And yes i think it's really hard to make this class work out the way it should be i need to consider many things, approaches, and existing functions not only regular expressions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.