Need help setting up proxy server (squid)

2levelsabove

I need some help in setting up proxy servers on 4-5 IP addresses. The goal is to have 4-5 password protected proxy servers on my dedicated server. After some searching I was able to install squid but not sure in how to configure it to allow that to happen. Can any one give me any direction?

Thank You

OK let me try to explain better:

I got this dedicated server running CentOS 5 which I'm using to host several websites distributed among 10 IP address.

I need someone to teach/guide me through the process of installing and setting up Squid so I can use as many of those IPs as I want for the proxy server. For example, let's say the server got 5 IPs:

IP1

IP2

IP3

IP4

IP5

If I connect to (as an example) IP2:port 8580 I want remote sites to see that IP2 is the one opening the connection. Same thing if I connect through IP4 or IP5, etc.

In other words, just one Squid installation should be able to service every IP added to its list.

I just need a mini guide with every step I have to follow, command to run and file to edit. For security reasons, you won't have access to the server.

As far as I know, this is really easy to do but I don't want to do it by trial and error and risk screwing something up and taking down my sites with it. So I'd rather have an expert tell me exactly what to do.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.