str_replace help

ShaolinF

Hi Guys

I am using str_replace to remove userdefined code and replace it with the HTML equivalent. So for example:

will be replaced with <strong></strong>.

I have come across a problem with

tags. The problem is the opening quote tag has the name of the person after the equals sign. For example:
- How can I replace this type of tag to something like:

<div class="odd"><span>Jo</span>

I cant do this with str_replace as it takes a static input whereas the opening quote tag is dynamic and subject to change (or atleast the name is).

Hi Guys

I am using str_replace to remove userdefined code and replace it with the HTML equivalent. So for example:

will be replaced with <strong></strong>.

I have come across a problem with

tags. The problem is the opening quote tag has the name of the person after the equals sign. For example:
- How can I replace this type of tag to something like:

<div class="odd"><span>Jo</span>

I cant do this with str_replace as it takes a static input whereas the opening quote tag is dynamic and subject to change (or atleast the name is).

you could use strpos on both the author= and link= to find the position that encompasses the posters name and then set that in a variable. From there construct your string. There are probably many other ways to do it but that was the first that popped in my head. String manipulation is fun :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.