New sites for everygame [PLEASE LOOK]

rilleman

Hi there! I need your help..

I've been starting to script a game-site, that provides you with Free flash games and shot movies.

Thing is; Im new to PHP - And i need to make a script.

Its about updating the site, atm im doing every site for each game, manuelly. Its like 300pages to do...

Its sucks, so ... please can someone help me ?  :/

PHP mySQL, OOP, through a series of scripts created to do specifically the tasks you want (Which mind you we have no idea what your doing specifically ). Running through a template to maintain the general look of the site otherwise.. Vast Question "How?" equally vast answer..

Hope that helps :-)

PHP mySQL, OOP, through a series of scripts created to do specifically the tasks you want (Which mind you we have no idea what your doing specifically ). Running through a template to maintain the general look of the site otherwise.. Vast Question "How?" equally vast answer..

Hope that helps :-)

This is the right idea, I cannot believe you haven't considered dynamic pages before, do a bit of research into dynamic webpages and we will help you if you get stuck on the way.

What you need is one page were you can "store" all your games/movies, for exampel you put all your 300 pages into one, kinda.

Then instead of having 300 pages you have one page with like 300 IDs.

like yourwebsite.com/index.php?id=1

yourwebsite.com/index.php?id=2

and if id==1 you show your thirst game/movie.

elseif id==2 you show your second game/movie.

So go learn about dynamic pages and the GET,if, else functions like they other said!

Ty for correcting me PFMaBiSmAd !

Now when you mention it I realysed that if/else is wrong. I checked in my own php codes and I do not use them, dont know why I said so.

ex:

$game= $_GET["id"];

$getgames= mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM games WHERE id='$game'") or die(mysql_error());

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.