Fulltext searches on 2 columns

dpacmittal

My client has a video site and he wishes to display lyrics when someone watches a music video. He bought a database for that. Now, most videos' titles contain artist name and song title. I take it as argument and search it in database and present the lyrics. It works for 60% of the songs and doesn't works for the others.

For eg; I searched 'Beatles let it be' and it returned wrong lyrics.

My query is:

SELECT *, MATCH(title,artist,album) AGAINST ('%$query%') as Relevance FROM lyrics WHERE MATCH(title,artist,album) AGAINST ('%$query%' IN BOOLEAN MODE) HAVING Relevance > 6 ORDER BY Relevance DESC limit 1

$query is the video title.

PS: This is the first time I am working with Fulltext so my query might be noobish.

EDIT: I just noticed that I am using album in the query too, is it possible thats what causing the inaccuracy?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.