Map creating

Kidd13

I've been working on a tool to help me with my site and i am COMPLETELY stuck What I'm trying to do is take values from a table i have in database the fields are "id", "north", "south", "east", "west", and i want to make a 2 dimensional array so i can can order the information and the list the information in a table

here is a example

Room_id north east south west

1 2

2 1 5 3

3 2 4

4 3 5 6 8

5 2 4

6 4 7

7 8 6 9

8 4 7

9 7

Now what i want to be able to do is put that information in a table basically and it would look like this with that info

[/td]1

Now all the information is in my head and I've done 1000 ways so far i just need a push in the right direction in how to do this and being my problem is pretty specific I've been having trouble searching on how to do it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Thank you for the reply. I had a look at that topic you sent me too and studied it and saw how it could work but i don't have enough information to begin with to actually use that formula (LOCATION = ROW * TABLE_ROWS + COL).

Now what I'm looking for really is i guess Both the row and col but i do not have any of the information in the equation making it impossible to use it unless i get the information and that is what I'm trying to do. And it is even harder because that is just a test area and with what i have there is multiple areas all with random amount of rows columns and blank fields. I will continue working on this and this info may help me. Thank you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.