Report link script

jurass1c

Heja

i was wondering if their is any example of a report link script. My situation is this,  I have a database of hyperlinked videos. Lets say one of the video links goes down (dead or removed) i want the user to be able to report the dead video, and the reported video displayed in my admin area.

i was thinking this could be done by ofcourse getting the ID of the dead video link (<a href='report.php?id=" .$row['id']. "' >REPORT</a>) notice it will be directed to "report.php. In report.php get the values of the video by using something like this ?:

if($_GET['id'] != ""){

$report = $_GET['id'];

}

from this somehow get the values of the video (name, provider, length etc) and INSERT those values into a database table. From here in the admin section which i can only access i could use mysql SELECT to show the recent reported link.

So i am presuming that is 1 method of doing it, i was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction or provide me with some sample code of how to exactly do this. I mean grabbing the video's values by using if($_GET['id'] != "") and then inserting them, can it be done with a simple javascript alert popup ? saving the whole page having to refresh using my presumed method, is their a easier alternative ?

thanks.

You don't actually need JavaScript, but if you want to use JavaScript, you'll need AJAX. You can do this entirely with PHP as you mentioned. Unless you find a report script, your method is easy and straight forward so I'm unsure of what complications you're having.

My method is straight forward and if i was to go ahead and code it up the complications i would have is the whole page refreshing when "REPORT" is hit because the hyperlink will direct it to "report.php" i want to know the method of being able to do this live with a simple "alert" and "confirm" either with ajax or Js.

Next complication i would have is the process of inserting the dead links values into the database. I can display the values of a video using ($_GET['id']) BUT inserting those values into a separate table ? how would i go about that ?

1). Dont use $_GET or $_POST anymore... Please use $_REQUEST it does them both.

2). Create another table called Report or whatever you want.

3). Make a <a href like you did, add the variables include an onclick() to check if sent or make a popup. go from there.

1). Dont use $_GET or $_POST anymore... Please use $_REQUEST it does them both.

2). Create another table called Report or whatever you want.

3). Make a <a href like you did, add the variables include an onclick() to check if sent or make a popup. go from there.

If you're using $_POST, I suggest you keep it and NOT use $_REQUEST. Though, you may want to read up on filter_input.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.