Yet Another Portfolio Review Post

greghaynes

Hey guys, I just finished up my portfolio site and looking for some feedback with layout, color choices, and would it "Wow  :o" potential clients.

It's a WP theme with a nifty 3D slider that I modified greatly to fit my needs and wondering with all the changes that I made did it come out looking good.

Appreciate any feedback that you can provide.

http://www.greghaynesdesigns.com/

I have seen your work on "Gibson Heating & Cooling", "The Apple Tower" and now your portfolio and I must say that it again looks really great.

The few remarks I have:

- Website loads slow (but quite possibly due to my (Belgium) & your server's location)

- The flash loads slow (same as before)

- The separator on the "search site" stretches further down (FF3.6)

- HTML&CSS aren't valid although your website states it does

• 2 weeks later...

- The shadow beneath that cube-thing is too strong IMHO

- The flash controls are very unresponsive, I'd expect the site to "switch" just the moment I click, and not having to wait some time until it starts to rotate. I don't know whether you can change this behaviour, but it'd be better if there was less delay between the time you click on the > or < and the time it starts rotating.

- The flash moves when I click on it, is it supposed to be that way? FF 3.6 here, all scripts and flash enabled. It also moves back when the flash control loses focus.

nice use of flash on homepage. 

try to do a color fading effect.  you have . blue, white, blue background color.  I would choose one or the other or do a gradual fading.

The bottom blue section should be shorter as this look like a footer section rather then the main part of the homepage IMHO.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.