Authors Submit articles but Admin Approves them

I have script where Only registered user submit articles but then they get automatically gets published.

What i want is Article automatically goes to approval queue and then admin approves them.

How can i do that?. Please help me. it means so much to me.

Thanks.

In the database table for the articles you should have a column used to specifiy whether or not the article has been approved. Say, 0 for unapproved and 1 for approved. By default you can have this column set to 0. You can then create a simple page where you select all of the records from the database that are unapproved (approved = 0) so they can be approved by an administrator. The page that displays the articles would only select articles that have been approved.

In the database table for the articles you should have a column used to specifiy whether or not the article has been approved. Say, 0 for unapproved and 1 for approved. By default you can have this column set to 0. You can then create a simple page where you select all of the records from the database that are unapproved (approved = 0) so they can be approved by an administrator. The page that displays the articles would only select articles that have been approved.

Thanks, That one rang a little bell in my head. I will try that.

If anyone have any other answers. Please write them.

I really appreciate it.

I really appreciate it.

Nope, that's how you should do it.

About the only thing worth adding would be to use a third value for articles that have been reviewed but rejected so that you don't automatically see them when retrieving new articles awaiting approval.

And why not just delete rejected articles you might be asking yourself. Well in most real life applications, data is not actually deleted. Something that might be rejected today, might be usable at a future date and you need to keep a record of who submitted what (perhaps someone keeps submitting similar articles using different usernames and you need some way of tracking who is doing what.)

I really appreciate it.

Nope, that's how you should do it.

Didnt get you  :confused:

About the only thing worth adding would be to use a third value for articles that have been reviewed but rejected so that you don't automatically see them when retrieving new articles awaiting approval.

And why not just delete rejected articles you might be asking yourself. Well in most real life applications, data is not actually deleted. Something that might be rejected today, might be usable at a future date and you need to keep a record of who submitted what (perhaps someone keeps submitting similar articles using different usernames and you need some way of tracking who is doing what.)

you mean something like when user submit the item, the script checks for the almost same title and block them to submit the same titled item twice?

you mean something like when user submit the item, the script checks for the almost same title and block them to submit the same titled item twice?

No, no one suggested doing anything like that.

The only thing anyone suggested doing was to -

use a third value for articles that have been reviewed but rejected so that you don't automatically see them when retrieving new articles awaiting approval.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.