Simple PHP Error with Wordpress code

jringgold

I don't know much about PHP but have this code I am trying to get to work in my Thesis Wordpress theme.  I get an error on line 69 just a few lines from the bottom, which reads;

<?php } } ?>

Here is the entire code.  Any help to resolve this issue would be great.  I am guessing it is something basic;

// Delete this line, including the dashes to the left, and add your hooks in its place.

/**

* function custom_bookmark_links() - outputs an HTML list of bookmarking links

* NOTE: This only works when called from inside the WordPress loop!

* SECOND NOTE: This is really just a sample function to show you how to use custom functions!

* @since 1.0

* @global object $post

*/

function custom_bookmark_links() {

global $post;

?>

<ul class="bookmark_links">

<li><a rel="nofollow" href="http://delicious.com/save?url=<?php urlencode(the_permalink()); ?>&title=<?php urlencode(the_title()); ?>" onclick="window.open('http://delicious.com/save?v=5&noui&jump=close&url=<?php urlencode(the_permalink()); ?>&title=<?php urlencode(the_title()); ?>', 'delicious', 'toolbar=no,width=550,height=550'); return false;" title="Bookmark this post on del.icio.us">Bookmark this article on Delicious</a></li>

</ul>

// This is the code generated by Rick Anderson for the BYOBWebsite.com "Ask the Architect" Tutorials

// This code works in Thesis 1.6

// The code is designed to create a custom template that displays posts that are scheduled to be

// displayed in the future.  These posts must be in a specific category.

// Definitions:

//    unpublished-future-events is the name of the page that uses this custom template

//    upcoming-events is the name of the category of posts to be displayed

// add_action('thesis_hook_before_sidebar_1', 'thesis_widget_recent_posts');

// There is a video tutorial on my blog that demonstrates the use of this - www.byobwebsite.com

function custom_template_01() {

if (is_page ('local-events')) { ?>

<div id="content">

<?php thesis_page_loop(); ?>

// <!--CUSTOM QUERY CODE START-->

<?php $temp_query = $wp_query; ?>

//      <!--find all posts of this category that are unpublished and sort them ascending by date-->

<?php query_posts('category_name=upcoming-local-events&order=ASC&post_status=future'); ?>

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<div class="post_box" id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">

<h2 class="headline_area"><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

<?php the_excerpt(); ?>

</div>

<?php endwhile; ?>

// <!--CUSTOM QUERY CODE END-->

</div>

<div id="sidebars">

<?php thesis_build_sidebars(); ?>

</div>       

<?php } } ?>

// <!--Now unhook the sample custom template and hook our custom funtion in it's place-->

remove_action('thesis_hook_custom_template', 'thesis_custom_template_sample');

add_action('thesis_hook_custom_template', 'custom_template_01');

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.