Pages...

EsOne

I currently use the following script to make links from page to page on my website.

<?php
echo "<p id=\"pages\">";
for($i=0;$i<$limit;$i+=15){
echo "| <a href=\"?start=".($i+1)."\">".($i/15+1)."</a> | ";
}
?>

Now, I am getting so many pages, that management of them is getting difficult.

I want to make it where it only shows the previous 5 pages to the current, and the next 5 pages fromt he current.

So, if a person was on page 10, It would show  ...5 || 6 || 7 || 8 || 9 || 10 || 11 || 12 || 13 || 14 || 15...

Keep in mind I am pretty code dumb, as I am just learning. So any help would have to be dumbed down pretty good.

To see what links I am talking about in person, the website is: http://dolphinmania.pandaandpenguin.com/dolphinmania

<?php

$current_page = 9;

$span_pages = 5;
$start_page = (($current_page-5) < 1) ? 1 : ($current_page-5);
$end_page   = (($current_page+5) > $limit) ? $limit : ($current_page+5);

for($page=$start_page; $page<=$end_page; $page++)
{
    if($page==$current_page)
    {
        echo "| <b>{{$page}}</b> | ";
    }
    else
    {
        echo "| <a href=\"?start={$page}\">{$page}</a> | ";
    }
}

?>

Thanks. Don't quite work though. With the start= section, each page starts every 15. So, page 2 would be start=16, page 3 would be start=31

That script assumes pages go as start=1 for page 1, and start=2 for page 2.

I need it to do what this forums pages does. Exactly that

That is not what you requested. You stated you wanted to show the 5 pages before and the 5 pages after the current page. I only hard coded the current page for illustrative purposes. It is your responsibility to define the current page, the max pages (i.e. limit) and the span (which you already stated would be 5, but the code will allow for different values if you wish.

This foum uses more complex functionality to include, possibly, the very first and very last pages and ellipses as needed. You did not ask for that, so I did not provide it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.