Help with pulling items from child blog to main site

sffan15

So first, I must start off with the fact that I don't like to ask for help. I have learned everything I know about web design by researching and reading. Although I have just begun to work with php, the 20+ hours I have put into this issue have given me ALOT of headache.

So I am redesigning my mom's website for her business ( http://tahoeweddingsagogo.com/joey/ ) and I added a wordpress blog ( http://tahoeweddingsagogo.com/blog/ ). The blog is working fine.

On the home page, currently located at /joey/index.html I would like to pull categories of posts from the blog, and I would like a specific number of the most recent posts, with a specific character count from the title and body of the post. For example, we have a "Recent Weddings" section on /joey/index.html where I would like to pull the 3 most recent posts from the blog category "weddings." This section, however, is quite small, so all I want of the post is "date -  title" and the first 50 characters of the post.  In another section, I would like the 10 most recent, the title, and the first 200 characters of the post, ect.  You'll see placeholders on the /joey/index.html page where I want these posts to go. So far what I understand is that the file will have to be index.php obviously, and it will have to have what wordpress calls "the loop" in order to work. What I can't figure out is how to pull the info I need, given that it is located in the /blog folder.

Am I just missing something completely obvious?

I appreciate any help you guys are willing to give me. I have a feeling people will read this post and laugh at me, which is fine. Feel free to let me know if I'm being a total idiot.

Thanks,

Joey

I am no WP guru so I am not aware of the inner-workings of WP. But you have a few options:

1) Write some code that will pull the data from the database, this is not the best approach as you now have sql credentials stored in 2 places.

2) Include the required WP binaries and request the data through the WP API

3) Integrate your website in to WP (as a template) write custom modules to match what you want.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.