Apache won't start

proggR

I've been trying to figure this one out. I installed XAMPP on my flash drive and it wouldn't start at my house but it started at work so I figured there's something with Windows 7. Last night I added the Tomcat add-on to XAMPP and ran the setup_xampp.bat file making the paths relative since its on a flash drive and it still didn't start at my house. Now its also not starting at my work though. There's nothing in the event log about it either. I've tried changing the HTTP and SSL ports to 8080 and 4430 respectively and that hasn't happened, although netstat doesn't show anything listening for 80 or 443 anyway. There is McAfee running on the work computer but I can't change any settings. It worked yesterday so I'm thinking it has something to do with the Tomcat/setup_xampp.bat that I did last night.

Has anyone else had anyluck getting Tomcat running on a flashdrive? I had the normal Apache/MySQL/PHP running yesterday fine but I wanted to try my hand at JSP.

Thanks in advance.

I figured it out. Or rather Golgar_2000 from apachefriends figured it out.

When I installed Tomcat for some reason mod_jk.so didn't get added to the path xampp/tomcat/xampp/apache/modules. Copying and pasting it from xamp/apache/modules worked great. Thought I'd post the answer.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.