FF Align Problem

sciencebear

Hi everyone. I'm doing a mockup of a new design for my site and I'm having a bit of a problem getting something to align in Firefox. It works fine in IE7, but it doesn't work at all in Firefox. The site is linked below:

http://veffle.com/newlayout.php

The problem I'm having is to the right of the lorem ipsum, with the speech bubble with the "8" inside. I want it to align centered with the items below it, but it's aligning to the left. Any help?

Add:

margin:0 auto;

to div.comments

As a side note - you will find life much easier if you program first in FF, then adjust for IE. IE works differently than every other browser out there, as it is not standards-compliant. The other major browsers are all standards-compliant, and 99.9% of the time, if it works in one, it will work in all. So by coding in IE first, then fixing for FF, you are coding for a single non-compliant browser then fixing for all other browsers. It's easier to code for all browsers then fix for the non-compliant browser.

As another side note - you are missing two closing div tags in your code.

Thank you very much! Your solution worked perfectly, and I also appreciate pointing out my failure to close those div tags-a careless mistake on my part. I do generally try to write for FF first, but this specific instance when I added that element I noticed it worked in IE but not in FF.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.