PHP Coding Help

jhbalaji

I have written a licensing system for my script and now i saved it an file called lic.php in the root folder

I am going to encrypt that with ioncube when giving to a client side

and i will simply include

include "lic.php" 

to call the licensing system

But the problem is when i simply include the code

include "lic.php" 

the user can directly remove the line to get the script worked

So can some one help me in coding a script inside the lic.php which will make the script to prevent from running if the code i.e,

include "lic.php" 

is removed from the file

Note that i will include the line 

include "lic.php" 

in all the php files in my script

Also do you face any issues with ioncube while running??

Great Thanks!

And how would that stop someone from either just setting the variable themselves or removing the code that is checking if the variable is set?

The only way you can prevent someone from bypassing your lic.php file is if the file that is including and using the information from lic.php is also encrypted.

your lic.php needs to have some part of script funcnality also , for .eg

<?

function notSoImp(){}

function mostImportant(){}; ?>

change it to

<? function notSoImp(){}

include "lic.php"; ?

now in lic.php

add that removed function i.e  mostImportant().

And how would that stop someone from either just setting the variable themselves or removing the code that is checking if the variable is set?

The only way you can prevent someone from bypassing your lic.php file is if the file that is including and using the information from lic.php is also encrypted.

I agree with you, and I was just offering a suggestion, lol. I was thinking along the same lines and it seems that you would be stuck without a solution unless you encrypt everything. Especially if they have the ability to modify the files to remove the lic.php file.

Thankyou.

@Aero: Read the thread completely

As i said i will encode only the lic.php file and not other :)

You read what I said completely. Like I said before you must encrypt everything. Maybe you should think about what you say before you say it.

You need a MUCH MUCH better way of verifying your licenses.  Send it to a PHP page and have it verify against a database with string sanitization going on.  ANYTHING will be better than that.

Seems like you need to focus on that before you actually go locking down the code with this license page.

Encrypting each page against formula that's made to generate the license codes is your best bet.  This way license codes generated from the formula will be able to decrypt the code and allow it to run.

You need a MUCH MUCH better way of verifying your licenses.  Send it to a PHP page and have it verify against a database with string sanitization going on.  ANYTHING will be better than that.

Seems like you need to focus on that before you actually go locking down the code with this license page.

Encrypting each page against formula that's made to generate the license codes is your best bet.  This way license codes generated from the formula will be able to decrypt the code and allow it to run.

Sorry but that's honestly the wrong answer. You cannot encrypt a php page in php... Don't you see the security problem with that? The people have 100% access then to the whatever function you use to decrypt/encrypt it and then its easy to go back from there when you identify a few small keywords. Not to mention whoever will be using his program will not always have access to the host and therefore will not be able to create their own decryption application to decrypt it at runtime. There are lots of hosts out there with ionCube already running on their servers. There's only one answer to this question and its already been stated several times. Accept it or find another forum to bs in.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.