in rather desperate need! phpBB forum help [PHP]

dbradbury

i need to increase the upload file size limit. by using the .htaccess files, but when i go to load the picture, it doesnt load it, it wait a while then says its not a valid image. but the file extension is .jpg.

this is uploading an attachment to a post in a PHPBB forum btw.

thank you for any help at all!

p.s. i think its to do with the resolution of the camera myself, as the pics are took on a camera ranging from 8 - 12.1 megapixels, so the images are like 1200x800 - 2400x2000, im guessing there, but the pics are large!!

the file types are jpg, that what i dont understand.. ive uploaded them before

what ive done is ive edited the picture and made it smaller. and that worked believe it or not

so i think it is to do with the resolution size of the picture..

but i cant do that for every single picture, as i would be there for an eternity

can anyone think of a fix for this?

You would need to edit not your htaccess file but your PHP.ini This is in your root PHP Module Directory because there is a Default Upload Limit and file types. if you have already edited your htaccess files then you are good if you havent you will also need to edit these files coresponding with the limit you have sent in PHP.ini.

YOur Welcome and have a Fun day coding.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.