hello world!

paddyhaig

My name is Paddy, I am originally from Liverpool UK but have been Living in New Orleans, La, USA for the last 8 years. Yes I lived through Katrina. I have not touched code or php or any db's, development or high end systems since Katrina and am just trying to find my feet again after many years of construction and re-building. So for all intents and purposes I am like a newbie again. I developed an idea about 7 years ago and then put it on the back burner as I was run off my feet with work at the time as a systems administrator at a local New Orleans ISP. Then Katrina hit and the whole world seemed to turn upside down. So I am sorry if I get a little annoyed sometimes at people wasting my time with poorly presented suggestions. The way I see it is, if you know how to fix something, then just fix it. Don't point me to the manual. If I wanted to read the manual then I would be reading it, not posting my questions on a forum!

Anyway, feel the Love!!!

• 1 month later...
The way I see it is, if you know how to fix something, then just fix it. Don't point me to the manual. If I wanted to read the manual then I would be reading it, not posting my questions on a forum!

The way I see it is, if you want me to fix it then pay me to fix it. Don't expect something for nothing. If I wanted to work for free I would be working for a charity, not answering questions on a forum!

feeling the love

Thanks for your help everyone, I went elsewhere and got a little help. Had to get the job done and not spend all my time bickering. I do sincerely apologize if I upset anyone, I was pretty upset myself. If you want to spend time kicking this can around then you can. If not, I am again sincerely sorry for maybe over reacting. I just felt like I was being set upon by the wanna-be authorities. I felt like the was some kind of aloof snobbery and old school cronyism. Peace!

I assume you glean a little free knowledge from this forum or you wouldn't be here! Are you a paying member?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.