*HELP* User Uploader in Dreamweaver using PHP

JohnnyKennedy

Ok, I'm new here (first post FTW!) so please help me out.  My knowledge of coding is limited so please explain your replies *if you can*.

I'm developing a website, for my school - a past pupil one. (stpatricks . me / html)  Users have the ability to register their details which is then forwarded to a MySQL database for entry which is working fine - no issues there.  Imaginably, I'd like the users to be able to upload an image into their 'profile', I have an uploader script that works great, but the problem is I don't know how to link the image and the record (in the MySQL database) together.

What I was thinking, was that if there is a script to rename the image (to a username) and then tell the database the location of the image?  For example ../userprofileimagefolder/usernameIMAGEFILE  (usernameIMAGEFILE being a file, and not a specific folder).  The image should be uploaded after registration is completed, i.e. once the user is logged in using the information in the database.

I'm using Session Variables to get to the user actions page - which holds the links to browse other profiles, cancel account, and *soon to be* upload an image.

Please forgive my ignorance, I'm just really new.  If you need anymore information or scripts, please ask.

Thanks,

- Confused.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.