Download help

steviez

Hi,

I have noticed that when a file is downloaded from my site a user cannot access the site until the download has finished... What could cause this? I have tried several ways on file download in php and all cause the same thing.

Any idea?

Thanks

Is this just a few people with this problem?

• If it is everyone; Problem with Server Script/Server Listener (Apache);
    • Find out if it is the script or the server, see if the user can download directly.
    • Check wether any modules in apache or php are causing this, disable modules for testing.
    • Check which part of the script would cause this to happen, remove php extensions for testing etc.

[*]If it is quite a few people, not many; Problem with Server Compatibility or Client Compatibility Issue.

• Get information from clients with problems and ones without, eg Operating System/Bowser Extensions etc.
    • Compare results, narrow down possible cause wether its server or client.

[*]If its just one Person; Obvious Client related.

• Try clearing cache/Restarting Browser+computer+router etc.

I would reccommend keeping google at hand to try and scout for specific possibilities, but make make sure you know wehter its even your server, or your clients problem.

-cb-

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.