menu help

chrismarsden

Ok just a bit of menu help, i want to basicly show a static active image on a link when you on a page but i have the menu in an include so obviously if i set that static to home the hover over that happens on the other pages will work but no matter what page im on it will show the main page as the page your on.

<div class="menu">
        <ul>
           <li class="active"><a href="index.php"><b>Home</a></li>
          <li><a href="">Services</a></li>
          <li><a href="about.php">About Us</a></li>
          <li><a href="">Portfolio</a></li>
          <li><a href="">Contact Us</a></li>
        </ul>
      </div>

basicly if im on the about page i want the active to move aswell.... any ideas?

<?php
$referer = basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);
?>
      <div class="menu">
        <ul>
           <li <?php if ($referer == 'index.php') { echo 'class="active"'; } ?>><a href="index.php"><b>Home</a></li>
          <li <?php if ($referer == 'services.php') { echo 'class="active"'; } ?>><a href="">Services</a></li>
          <li <?php if ($referer == 'about.php') { echo 'class="active"'; } ?>><a href="about.php">About Us</a></li>
          <li <?php if ($referer == 'portfolio.php') { echo 'class="active"'; } ?>><a href="">Portfolio</a></li>
          <li <?php if ($referer == 'contact.php') { echo 'class="active"'; } ?>><a href="">Contact Us</a></li>
        </ul>
      </div>

Something similar to that :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.