Online Magazine with Joomla - Need help and advice

vinnier

Hi,

I want to start an online magazine and as my CMS I've chosen Joomla. I used it before for smaller projects and have never used it to it's fullest... Probably that's why I'm having the problems I need help with.

1) System - Add Keywords plugin; If you look on my website citiherald.com you will straight away see what is the problem. The plugin which generates keywords places an image next to them and makes the text cover the image and it looks bad. How do I stop it from showing the graphic next to the text?

2)CCboard copyright footer; As you can see here: http://www.citiherald.com/index.php?option=com_ccboard&view=forumlist&Itemid=30

The board displays it's own copyright footer, problem is it's about inch above the general footer of my website. How do I move the board footer to the main website footer?

I understand I need to remove the board footer and copy it into the template footer, problem is I can't find where the board copyright info is held.

3) Almond Classifieds; You can see here http://www.citiherald.com/index.php?option=com_aclassf&Itemid=53  that the plugin messes with the website main css (compare with citiherald.com)

How do I stop it from doing this?

4) How do I get an article rating with each article? Best it to be a 5 star rating system. I tried the built in rating component as well as the one mentioned in the title and nothing happened. Maybe I don't know how to fire it up.

Could someone please recommend a system and tell me how to turn it on.

Oh, and I want the ratings to be available for everyone even not registered.

5) My question is how to set up Joomla best for magazine; this means that many people from around the world will be publishing so I only want them to be able to ad articles but not be able to administer the site or delete content posted by others. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.