login form inside the main form

runjel

hello nooobie here.. the problem is that i have a log in form which is inside the my main form.. i can log in without problem with the login form..  the thing is want to my show a new div whenever i log in and whenever i log out that new div will disappear... is that cookies?..

You mean like a "Welcome dabaR" div?

Unless you are doing AJAX, you would in your PHP have a

if ($logged_in) { show_div(); }

yup like that but in my case i will show the control panel.. AJAX? can i use it with jquery?.. can you show me a sample code if its ok to you thanks

This guy wrote it already. This is only if you want to use AJAX for your form, which I am pretty sure you don't since it will increase complexity. Just make it work, then make it fancy later.

http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/ajax/getting-started-with-ajax-in-jquery-8-05-11/page1.html

There are also page2, page3, 4, 5 of that tutorial, linked in the "Tutorial pages" section

hmm how will i start..

in my main page we can find the login form... that login form is made up of div... after i successfully logged in that login form div will become hidden then my other hidden div which is the control panel will appear.. that control panel will include the account details of the one who logged in..

$(document).ready(function() {
		$("#login_form").submit(function() {
			var unameval = $("#username").val();
			var pwordval = $("#password").val();
			$.cookie('username', username, { expires: 14 });
			$.post("backend.php", { username: unameval, 
			password: pwordval }, function(data) {
				$("#status p").html(data);
			});
			return false;
		});
	});

function ShowLoginBox(){
            userName = $.cookie('username');
            if (userName != null && userName.length > 0) {
                $("#headerlogin").show();
                $("#headerlogin2").hide();
            }
            else
            {
                $("#headerlogin).hide();
                $("#headerlogin2").show();
            }
        }

ShowLoginBox();

you see the data will be throw to the backend.php .. after it throw the data i dont what to do hehe.. do i need to make a cookie? thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.