Lots of help

beesgirl713

Hi,

I am trying to make a basketball bracket online for my family to use this coming basketball season , actually next years,  I have the webspace, the name or domain or whatever it is called and i have the html written.  I have tried and tried to get this the way I want it but so far all Im getting is confused.  here is what I have www.tysbrackets.us if you click on fill out your bracket here.  What I am trying to do is make it where when a user chooses from the bracket and clicks submit it will open in a new page found here http://www.tysbrackets.us/1 with their choices filled in and the brackets name would be there name for instance say I filled out the bracket it would open in the webpage of www.tysbrackets.us/beesgirl713 and show my choices.  If anyone is able to help me I would love to hire someone to fix this correctly for me.  There are some other things that I want the pages to do such as when a team loses they will have to be shown on the indiviual brackets as having lost.  I also want a leader board that is run on a point system.  Please if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.  I am doing this for my two brothers and their friends and I figured I was giving myself plenty of time but at the rate I'm learning it I dont think a year is long enough!

PHP is a language.  You wouldn't expect to pick up Japanese or Spanish in a few weeks, would you?  And when you say "hire someone", are we talking actual, reasonable pay?  Or the usual $50 for 200 hours of work?  No offence, but that's what people seem to feel developers are worth.

There is a freelance forum on here.  Perhaps post your job there and I'm sure someone will jump all over it.  Since you have not provided any working code, I cannot help you.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.  See you totally confused me already when you said working code?  It took me hours to write that html so I know how long and tedious this stuff is so no offense taken at all. And I think the code needs to be changed? Not sure on that to php maybe?  I have told you basically what I want done how much would you expect to be paid for it?  I have no clue I have never been paid for it or paid anyone to do it before, so I'm also clueless on that. There are a lot of things I want done to it so I want to make sure it is a reasonable price that satisfies me and whoever takes the job.  I have asked before at other places but no one has answered so I figured it was a price I couldn't afford and they didn't want to waste the time replying. So if I post on the job board I just say basically what I posted to begin with or is there something specific I should be asking for?  And thank you so much again for replying and your help.

It took me hours to write that html

You hate it, we hate it, we solved it: Introducing Zen Coding

I have told you basically what I want done how much would you expect to be paid for it?  I have no clue I have never been paid for it or paid anyone to do it before, so I'm also clueless on that.

From your description of what you want to achieve I assume it would take between 30-50 hours at a minimum rate of $30 per hour would make for between $900-$1500 (however quite possibly I am too optimistic about the possible working hours)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.