security issue - SSL

vijdev

1.should i be using an SSL on my login page, and any other form input page in my site?

2.is an SSL per page or per site?

fyi:

i am taking care to the best of my knowledge for security from php/mysql point of view, and i have a dedicated IP on a shared hosting.

Is the data/content behind the login sensitive or include personal information? If so, the yes. Also, if you are selling things and checking people out with credit card information, your login must be secure to pass a PCI compliance scan.

something like a loging in page, registration page, and yes ofcorse transaction functions.

i knwo for transactions i will use SSL.

what abt for other pages which collect personal info, tht i htink is critical for the site, even though it may be name and password..etc.?

and what about how an SSL works?

if i buy an SSL, does  one SSL work for one page or work for an entire site?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.