Connections

sudsy1970

hi  all,

quick question which i hope is easy to answer.

I am developing my site with the aid of apache on my pc, when it is working here i will upload it to my hosting site.  the daatbase connections will be different so can i write them both into my file, or will this cause an error ?

Cheers for a quick answer.

I assume you have one file that you use to connect your database and you just include that file in your other pages when you need to connect?

If so, I think it would be easier just to keep separate connect files - one on your development PC at home and one on the live server.

It is probably possible to write a conditional statement to change the connection information depending on which server you're on, but I think it would be simpler and less confusing just to have two separate files.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.