Fatal Error

Sorry for the trouble, but I added a Modification to my phpbb forum and I received the following error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare display_forums() (previously declared in /home/india86/public_html/boards/includes/functions_display.php:22) in /home/india86/public_html/boards/includes/functions_display.php  on line 564

I've been searching all over to find a solution, on PHPBB's support forums, trying to contact the original author of the MOD, etc.. etc.. and now I've basically had it with all these places claiming that they cannot offer me support since I have to contact the original author, and the original author hasn't responded in days, so I've decided to come here and hopefully figure it out once and for all. I'm not very good with PHP, I've never really had to deal with it but I do know CSS and HTML. Maybe its time I start learning a bit from this site. I hope someone can tell me whats wrong or at the very least give me some much needed advice, thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Did you read the error message, it is fairly self explanatory -  The function display_forums() is being redeclared in the same place it was previously declared. The only way that can happen is if you are including functions_display.php more than once.

Since you did not provide the name/author's site for the modification or if the /boards/includes/ path on your site is specific to the modification or something else you were already doing, it is not directly possible to provide more specific help.

Sorry, as I stated, I have not learned anything about php as of yet, but am willing to learn which is why I joined here.

The MOD is from phpbbhacks.com, the author is Kamahl, and the name of the MOD is Instant Messenger + User status MOD 0.4.1.

What do you mean by "specific to the modification"? boards/includes is not the direct folder that it was uploaded to, but files in there were updated and changed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.