PHP with flash?

Pi_Mastuh

I'm making a flash game where the user sends their score and it inserts it into the database but for some reason it's not connecting properly. The actionscript for the send score button instance is:

[code]on(press) {
getURL("maze1.php", "score");
}[/code]

Maze 1 is:

[code]<?
  if ($msg == 1) {
  print"<BR><BR><P align=center><font face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif' size=2>You have earned $mds Points.</font></P>
  <P align=center><font face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif' size=2><a href=games.php>Play Again</a></font></P>";

}

if ($error == 2) {
  print"<BR><BR><P align=center><font face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif' size=2>Sorry, your score does not count as you have already submitted it more then the 7 times. You can play as many times as you want but you can only submit your score 7 times.</font></P>
  <P align=center><font face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif' size=2><a href=games.php>Play Again</a></font></P>";

}

?>
[/code]

Well, I assume that Flash has variables?  $blah denotes a PHP variable.  Flash isn't PHP, so using the $ wouldn't work.  Again, I don't know actionscript but there has to be a way to send the score with a link like blah.php?score=variable.

Getting the variable once you've sent it is easy.  So you probably need to find someone who can do Flash

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.