Go on... help a noob!

neljan

Hello ;)

I/we very much need a php script? for our clan site which will enable x amount of users to enter their times for 32 different fields, then have those times displayed in a specific order.

Please see here:

[Rv] R e v o l u t i o n

This is currently all done by one person updating HTML and is extremely time consuming and tedius (takes me weeks to compile the data and another 2/3 weeks to update HTML).

Please can someone point me in the right direction on how I can find/write such a script? I've looked around the web and idk which category such a script would be under because I believe it's something very simple I need.

Thank you in advance.

Pay? :o

lol, I would pay if my request was unique and involved 'work' but surely this is a simple thing? (I've found/installed much more complex scripts for free).

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find a similar script for my needs that I could modify if I knew which category it would come under.

I didn't ask anyone to 'work' for me. Did I specifically request someone to write me a script? no  ;)

I simply asked if someone could point me in the right direction on how I might find something for my needs and it seems that some took the opportunity to exploit my lack of knowledge (how sad).

Nice forum, I think I'll stick around for more 'helpful' replies and sarcasm!  :D

it seems that some took the opportunity to exploit my lack of knowledge (how sad).

That is how the world works. Those with knowledge get paid to help those who lack it accomplish what they want. It's not an exploit. If it were, there'd be NO ONE getting paid to code, everyone would just ask for things to be done for them for free.

Instead of asking for someone to "point you in the right direction" (AKA telling you how to do it) ... why not try writing some code, and if you get stuck, as for help with a particular thing.

Step back a second and look at the other questions/answers on here. This is one of, if not THE best forum I've ever been on for help and troubleshooting. If there is any attitude, it wasn't coming from our end. I was simply suggesting that if you didn't know how to do it yourself, you make someones day and send them a few bucks to do it for you. You were apparently pretty appalled by that idea, so I can only assume that you want things done for you, or for someone to take their time and review scripts to compare them to what you have and tell you exactly what to download.

That is NOT what this forum is about, and if I am wrong about that, I'd love someone to correct me on it, because as long as I've been here, I've never had a single problem someone couldn't help me with as long as I was willing to meet them half way on it.

it seems that some took the opportunity to exploit my lack of knowledge (how sad).

That is how the world works. Those with knowledge get paid to help those who lack it accomplish what they want. It's not an exploit. If it were, there'd be NO ONE getting paid to code, everyone would just ask for things to be done for them for free.

Instead of asking for someone to "point you in the right direction" (AKA telling you how to do it) ... why not try writing some code, and if you get stuck, as for help with a particular thing.

Step back a second and look at the other questions/answers on here. This is one of, if not THE best forum I've ever been on for help and troubleshooting. If there is any attitude, it wasn't coming from our end. I was simply suggesting that if you didn't know how to do it yourself, you make someones day and send them a few bucks to do it for you. You were apparently pretty appalled by that idea, so I can only assume that you want things done for you, or for someone to take their time and review scripts to compare them to what you have and tell you exactly what to download.

That is NOT what this forum is about, and if I am wrong about that, I'd love someone to correct me on it, because as long as I've been here, I've never had a single problem someone couldn't help me with as long as I was willing to meet them half way on it.

Word.

I'm at work right now, and as a quick escape from the hours of coding I do, I like to come on here and see if I can help out.  I actually enjoy it.

With that said, I, like most other people like me with a limited time to spend on a forum, need more information to go on.  I cannot/will not spend my limited time searching, researching, overall doing things for someone, when there seems to be a minimal effort on their behalf.  Also, finding the thought of paying someone for their efforts funny does not help the situation.

See, now my time is up.  Hold that thought, I'll be back.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.