MySQL and PHP Tables

dudejma

I am trying to show inputs from a table that only affect that one person. I have a table that would get PIREP's (PIlot REPorts) into it. I'm wanting for, when one of my pilots login, then see the table, but only the flights that affect them. Is this possible? Thanks for all the help! If you need to contact me, my email is: ceo@virtualamerican.org. We are using an automated system called: phpVMS, which is great, but I would love to have my own system. Thanks for all the help, once again!

P.S. I run a Virtual Airline. A Virtual Airline is a non-profit organization that comes together and flies on a simulator such as Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Is this what you're looking for?

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `pireps` ( 
`ID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,  
`Flight#` int(7) NOT NULL,  
`From` int(4) NOT NULL,  
`To` int(4) NOT NULL,  
`Fuel` decimal(10,0) NOT NULL,  
`FlightTime` decimal(10,0) NOT NULL,  
`Aircraft` int(11) NOT NULL,  
`Comments` int(11) NOT NULL,  
`Accepted` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`Pending` int(1) NOT NULL, 
`Denied` int(1) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY  (`ID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_general_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=1 

Oh. I forgot to put that in. Here, how's this look?

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `pireps` ( 
`ID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`PilotID` int(11) NOT NULL,
`Flight#` int(7) NOT NULL,  
`From` int(4) NOT NULL, 
`To` int(4) NOT NULL,  
`Fuel` decimal(10,0) NOT NULL,  
`FlightTime` decimal(10,0) NOT NULL,  
`Aircraft` int(11) NOT NULL,  
`Comments` int(11) NOT NULL,  
`Accepted` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`Pending` int(1) NOT NULL default '1', 
`Denied` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY  (`ID`)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_general_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=1

Now that's better. If you have pilot's ID, you can select all their flights using

SELECT * FROM pireps WHERE PilotID = idYouSearchFor

On a side note: this table seems to have suboptimal datatypes selected. There is no actual difference between INT(1) and INT(11)

Ok. Thanks. I didn't know that. So how exactly would I do that? Once they login, they click on a link to the logbook. What would I put on the logbook page. Should I put a form where they put in there Pilot ID or is there a way where it would be automated to the user logged in. The username is the Pilot ID's.

I will try it out and let you know. I'm still working on a lot of stuff. It sure would be usefull to have someone that knew PHP or if I knew it. I hate not knowing it. I wished I would've learned it. How long did it take you? Did you learn from a course or just from yourself.

I've been working with different programming languages for almost 15 years now. Got some pretty good courses in general programming at secondary school. With PHP I've been working half/full time for 4 years now.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.