Colors appearing differently on different computers?

DWilliams

This is driving me nuts. I wanted to have a box with the background color #F3F5F6. Simple enough, it looked fine on my Linux development machine.

I thought everything was well and good and then I viewed my page on a Windows machine. The boxes were near invisible. To add to the confusion, I looked at it on a second Windows machine and it appeared fine. As if that wasn't enough, I looked at it on a third Windows box and it was almost impossible to see again. On a fourth Windows machine, it appears slightly more visible but still not as much as it should be.

Now, these machines all have identical hardware and identical monitors. All the Windows machines were mirrored from the same clonezilla image so the settings shouldn't be different at all.

What gives? Should I pick a darker color or something?

#F3F5F6 is #F3F5F6 regardless of the monitor. The color is indeed very light.

(My first forum answer  :shy: )

It's supposed to be a light color but not invisible. It's clearly visible on some machines and not on others.

Your monitors may be the same brand and model, but they may not be calibrated exactly the same.

I checked that as well. They don't have many options related to picture display but they're all the same.

Overall though I guess I'm going to have to pick a different color since if I'm having this much inconsistency with my own test machines there's no telling what the end user will see

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.