securing quicktime videos?

schilly

ok I'm trying to lock down some Quicktime videos so people can't download them.

I can make the video source go to a PHP file and then redirect to the actual video to mask the video url but I need some way to verify that the request actually came from the embed page vs someone just entering the video embed link. The problem is with the quicktime plugin. It makes the connection to the video source and not the embed page so you don't get the referrer url or page url. So I can't verify against those.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this? Been racking my brain for hours now.

Thanks.

Well I tried to make a unique video url based on the user viewing the video. Once the video loaded the url was no longer valid. The only problem with that is that when you view source in Chrome it does a page reload and doesn't render the source, hence making the embedded url still valid as it never loaded.

Anyone have any other suggestions or ideas. This will only be required for users that are logged in.

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.