Layout Problems.

smithmr8

Hi,

I've having some trouble with a CSS layout.

http://bit.ly/aS7ZY1

I think the header and menu bar are setup correctly. They are in the positions I'd like them to be.

I need the "main" tag to contain the "content", "sidebar" (and its inclusive tags), with a 10px margin between the bottom of the largest tag and the end of the "main" container.

I need the "content" container to be 10px from the top of the "main" container.

I need the "sidebar" container to be 10px from the top of the main container, and be positioned so there is a 10px gap between the right of the "main" container and the "sidebar container".

I also need the "footer" container to be 10px below the end of the "main" container.

Would really appreciate any help. The positioning elements are slightly confusing me right now, and seem to be going round in circles.

Cheers,

Luke

Hi Again,

I've got it to look how it's supposed to look. Only problem is it doesn't display right in IE.

Have an IE specific CSS, and managed to fix a few problems (centralisation, page not showing completely).

I need it to look how it does in FF, in IE.

Would really appreciate any help with this. Btw, IE is running from the style-IE7.css

It's doing my head in.

Cheers.

http://bit.ly/aS7ZY1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.