procedural vs oop

surot526

It is a good idea as mchl stated to stick to learning the procedural standards. Even OOP uses the procedural style to some extent.

Although, if your feeling bad (good bad), then head over to a PHP Class Object Tutorial, or read through the OOP design tutorials on this website.

The underlying reason for OOP is to make your code easier to: Read + Understand, Modify, Coordinate and generally manage. For instance in OOP programs have a data access layer, which is a CLASS that communicates between your live code and the actual database (such as mysql), and can make it much easier to migrate to say, Oracle DB.

-cb-

When I moved on to learn new programming languages such as Python,  I thikn it put the whole "OOP" type of coding into perspective for me. I believe it should be how everyone writes their code, its more constructed and clean if I might addd....

i'll try to learn that way.... thanks guys... i think it will be a good foundation then....

I have gone through the tutorials here... reading through but hard to understand... I think I have to adjust first my logic level to a higher one(nose bleeding!!!  )...  :confused:

now I have to learn to be more patient and to not to give easily....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.