Compiling PHP 5.3.2 on Windows XP

Hello,

I have setup a fresh install of Windows XP inside of a VMWare Virtual machine, running my spare license of Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite (free from microsoft conference -- w00t).

Anywho, I have done the following for the configuration and am encountering a small problem which I will explain after documenting all the steps for a fresh windows compile since the documentation is very lacking on the internet.

1. Install Windows XP fresh SP2

2. Install Visual C++ 2008 (Express, Pro, Enterprise, Team Suite .. take your pick)

3. Download bison.exe + flex.exe and copy to your Windows system folder (or any folder you have setup in your path environment)

4. Copy the following files:

• C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\msobj80.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\mspdb80.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\mspdbcore.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\mspdbsrv.exe

to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin

5. Open up a command prompt, and run C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat

6. Inside the same command prompt, navigate to where you have extracted the source, and run buildconf.bat

7. Inside the same command prompt, run

configure --enable-one-shot --enable-zts --enable-apache2-2filter --enable-apache2-2handler --with-curl --enable-fileinfo --enable-mbstring --enable-mbregex --with-openssl --with-sqlite3 --with-mysql --with-mysqli --enable-pdo --with-pdo-mysql --with-pdo-mssql --with-pdo-odbc --with-pdo-sqlite --with-pdo-sqlite-external --enable-soap --with-sqlite --with-xmlrpc --with-xsl --enable-exif --enable-sockets --with-mhash --with-imap --enable-intl --with-pspell --with-snmp

8. Inside the same command prompt, run nmake

=============================================================================

Now this is where I have a small problem. Which I will post in the next message to keep these instructions seperate.[/code]

The problem

C:\linux\src\php-5.3.2>nmake > c:\nmake.txt

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

ext\pcre\php_pcre.def

ext\sqlite\php_sqlite.def

MC: Compiling win32\build\wsyslog.mc
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN
\cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

I have attached the log file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.