Need help with Multidimensional arrays

rjpasc

I'm having some problems getting my mind around creating a multidimensional array from a database. Maybe I'm not even really tackling the problem in the best way so any advice that can be given is greatly appreciated.

What I'm attempting to do is create a table on a page of server information populated from my database. The server data contains, among other things, the state the server is located in. I want to pull that data, have the table show the states, then using a jQuery app, show all the servers and their information that are associated with that state. I figured a multidimensional array would be the answer but I just can't seem to create my array.

I'm guessing I'll have to use a few while loops to determine what state is being pulled then the server and finally the server information. I figure the array would look something like this:

servers(

state1(

server1(info1,info2,info3)

server2(info1,info2,info3)

)

state2(

server1(info1,info2,info3)

server2(info1,info2,info3)

)

)

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can do this or an easier way I might accomplish it?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.