Mysql database design

punky79

Looking for any suggestions or advise or even best practices.

I have developed an online database using php and mysql.  It allows companies to log complaints and resolutions etc.  There is a user database with user details for login and a cip database for logging the main data.  2 companies are trialing and testing the database.  At the moment each company is using separate databases and separate html pages.  Everything is seperate for each company.

I am wondering what the best way forward would be when adding more companies. 

Ideas that I have are:

To have one large database for  users and one large database for cip and use a company id or similar to identify individual companies  records in the datasebase.

To use the same html pages for every company but select which database to use from the login details.  So that each company will have a separate cip database but all companies use the same users database.

Or just keep everything separate for every company.  (this might be really bad for doing updates)

I hope I have made myself clear and look forward to any suggestions.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.