Why I get popup to select users from database?

eevan79

I almost finished code that allows users to change their password. But when type different password and confim password I get popup window to select all users from mysql database which I want to change password.

Here is screenshot:

wtfjhv.jpg

And code:

I almost finished code that allows users to change their password. But when type different password and confim password I get popup window to select all users from mysql database which I want to change password.
Here is screenshot:

And code:
[code=php:0]<?php include ('header.php');
if (mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['changepass']) == 1) {
    if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] != 'POST') {
        //FORM CHANGE PW
        $passkey = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['passkey']);
        $result = mysql_query("SELECT  user_name, user_pass, confirm_code FROM " . $table_prefix . "users WHERE confirm_code = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['passkey']) . "'") or die(mysql_error());
        if (mysql_num_rows($result) == 0) {
            echo '<br><b>Information</b><hr/><br/><div align="center"><font color="red">Wrong confirmation code or you have already changed your password.</font><br /><a class="loginlink" href="index.php"><br />Back to forum index</a>.</div><br />';
        } else {
            echo '
<h3>Change your password</h3><br />
<div align="center"><span id="msg"></span></div>
<form method="post" action="">
<table class="registration" border=1><tr>
<th><b> Change password</b></th>
<th><b></b></th></tr>

<tr>
<td width="220" height="36"><div align="right">Password:
</div></td><td> <div align="left"> <input size="30" type="password" name="user_password" />
</td>

<tr>
<td height="36"><div align="right">Confirm password:</div></td><td> <div align="left"><input size="30" type="password" name="user_pass_check" /></div></td></tr>

</div></table>    
<br />
<table class="registration" border=1>
<tr>
        <td height="36"><input type="submit" class="inputButton" value="Submit" />
         </td></tr></table></form>

';
        }
    } else {
        $errors = array();
        if (isset($_POST['user_password'])) {
            if (strlen($_POST['user_password']) < 3) {
                $errors[] = 'The password field contain too few charachters.';
            }
            if ($_POST['user_password'] != $_POST['user_pass_check']) {
                $errors[] = 'The two passwords did not match.';
            }
        } else {
            $errors[] = 'The password field cannot be empty.';
        }
        if (!empty($errors)) {
            echo '<b>Information</b><hr><br/><div align="center">Following fields are not filled in correctly.<br /><br /><tr>';
            foreach($errors as $key => $value) /* walk through the array so all the errors get displayed */ {
                echo '<td><font color="red">' . $value . '<br /></td></tr></font>';
            }
            echo '<br /><a href="javascript: history.go(-1) ">Try again</a></div><br /><br />';
        } else {
            //CHANGE PASSWORD CODE HERE
            die;
        }
    }
} 

Why I get popup window??

Well since in your code i am not seeing any coding for the popup, im guessing it has something to do with stored passwords on the computer itself for it.  Though thats just a theory...  I could be completely wrong.

There is not code for the popup. Thats strange.  :confused:

Maybe it's happening cause I SELECT cofirm code (that is sended to user mail to confirm change pw). Confirm code is generated with this code:

$confirm_code=md5(uniqid(rand())); 

and when user click on link that contains confirmation code I must verify that code exists in database:

$result = mysql_query("SELECT confirm_code FROM ".$table_prefix."users WHERE confirm_code = '" . mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['passkey']) . "'") or die(mysql_error());

And this popup only shows when I type different password and confirm password!

EDIT:

I remove code that check password and confirm password and the popup still shows up!

EDIT2:

Well since in your code i am not seeing any coding for the popup, im guessing it has something to do with stored passwords on the computer itself for it.  Though thats just a theory...  I could be completely wrong.

You are right. I tried it on different browsers and the popup didnt show up. Only on firefox...It seems that problem is related to passwords stored in browser cache or something...

Now I see...that is not users from mysql database. That popup shows up users that is login on website (from local browser).

When I insert another <input field that is not password type, popup dont show up. Strange.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.